Specifications - 503
Trident® Industrial Control Panel
- These specifications describe the Trident® industrial control panel line as manufactured by See Water, Inc., Riverside, California, or approved equal. The contractor shall furnish and install the Trident® control panel sized for incoming service and pumps specified on the project.
- Trident® industrial control panels shall control the following pumping systems:
Input power shall consist of the following:
- 120/208/240VAC, single-phase, 60 Hz
- 208/240/480VAC, three-phase, 60Hz
The Trident® industrial control panel shall accept insertable motor overload protection modules. The following adjustable overload ranges shall be accepted:
- 1.25 - 5.0 FLA
- 3.0 - 12.0 FLA
- 8.0 - 32.0 FLA
- Control circuitry shall be 120VAC. A multi-tap transformer (208/240/480VAC Primary/120VAC Secondary) shall provide a 120VAC control circuit. A 24VDC power supply shall provide power to additional low-voltage control circuitry.
- The Trident® industrial control panel shall contain a PLC programmed to control pumping operation in sewage and wastewater applications.The control program shall allow pump operation to reduce the liquid level of a tank, reservoir, cistern, etc. Pump rotation and high demand two pump operation for above normal volumes shall be provided. The control program shall automatically provide standby capacity if a pump faults.
- The control panel shall accept normally open float switch inputs as primary level feedback reference
- The control panel shall accept one (1) level transducer analog input as an optional level feedback reference.
- The control panel shall provide an embedded webpage interface for advanced configuration and monitoring.
- Communication protocols for BMS remote monitoring and control shall include:
- BACnet MS/TP; BACnet/IP
- Modbus RTU; Modbus TCP
- The control panel shall be configured for connection to the cloud-based Pump Portal® remote monitoring service.
- The panel shall be built by a UL 508A approved control systems manufacturer (See Water, Inc. or approved equal) and 100% tested at the factory prior to shipping.
- The Trident® industrial control panels shall be warranted in writing against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of two (2) years from the date of shipment when installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations.
- The enclosure shall be type 3R painted steel rated and approved for 3R environments. A 3-point latching mechanism shall be included, so the control panel may be locked and secured from unwanted outside access.
- The control panel shall contain a red alarm beacon and 85-decibel audible alarm which activates during alarm and fault conditions. A dead-front inner door shall contain green pump run indicators, red pump fault indicators, and elapsed run time meters for easy recognition. The dead-front inner door shall also contain pump hand-off-auto (H.O.A.) switches and alarm test and silence push buttons.
- The panel shall be equipped with remote monitoring dry contacts outputs for high liquid level and general alarm conditions.
- The motor starters shall be non-reversing general purpose type, rated for the pumps' full load amps. The coil voltage shall be 24 VDC.
- Pump Protection: A manual motor protector shall be used as a disconnecting means for each motor and provide adjustable overload protection when paired with an insertable overload protection module. Pump thermal cutout and seal failure detection circuits shall be included as a standard for each pump.
- The control panel shall be operator- and maintenance-friendly to ensure ease of system set up. All internal wiring shall be of the highest quality and craftsmanship to assure proper routing of conductors and to prevent interference with operating devices. A panel nameplate shall be permanently affixed inside the enclosure displaying panel model number, drawing number, voltage, phase, and ampere ratings. There shall be a schematic drawing located on the inside the enclosure for field personnel.
- Control panel shall be a Trident® industrial control panel or approved equal.