Specifications - 272
Oil Smart® Model OSSIM-30 Single Phase Simplex Control Panel
- These specifications describe model OSSIM-30 as manufactured by See Water, Inc., Riverside, California, or approved equal. The contractor shall furnish and install the Oil Smart® Single Phase Simplex Control Panel as specified herein.
- Incoming pump power shall be Single Phase, 60 Hz., 120/208/240 VAC.
- Incoming voltage to power Alarm Circuit shall be Single Phase, 60Hz., 120 VAC.
- The Oil Smart® Pump Switch shall differentiate between oil and water and shall not allow pumping if oil is detected.
- The Liquid Smart® Alarm Sensor shall alert of a high liquid presence and differentiate between oil and water.
- The panel shall be built by a UL 508A approved control systems manufacturer (See Water, Inc. or approved equal) and 100% tested at the factory prior to shipping.
- The Single Phase Simplex Control Panel shall be warranted in writing against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years from the date of shipment when installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations.
- The panel enclosure shall be Polycarbonate NEMA 4X rated with lockable latches approved for indoor and outdoor environments.
- The enclosure shall have a clear front door so control panel indicators are visible. The front panel indicators shall include red power on light, green pump run light, yellow high oil light, and white high water light. A high liquid level condition shall activate a red beacon light and 85 decibel alarm. The front panel shall include pump hand-off-auto (H.O.A.) switch, alarm test and silence buttons.
- The panel shall be equipped with remote monitoring dry contacts including high liquid, high oil, and high water present conditions.
- The motor contactor shall be general purpose type rated for the pump’s full load amps. The coil operating voltage shall be 12 VDC.
- The system shall incorporate an Oil Smart® Pump Switch and Liquid Smart® Alarm Sensor. The Oil Smart® Pump Switch shall include “on” and “off” sensors providing a specific water pumping range and shall not pump oil. The Liquid Smart® Alarm Sensor shall detect a high liquid level presence and differentiate between oil and water. Both controls shall differentiate between oil and water and consist of no moving parts. The alarm component shall be mounted completely separate from the pump control component to prevent nuisance alarms and so alarm component can be placed at the actual high liquid level. An alarm component connected to the pump control shall not be acceptable. All components shall be hardwired into the panel. A plug-in type system shall not be acceptable.
- The control panel shall be operator and maintenance friendly to ensure ease of system set up. All internal wiring shall be of the highest quality and craftsmanship to assure proper routing of conductors and to prevent interference with operating devices. A panel nameplate shall be permanently affixed inside the enclosure displaying panel model number, drawing number, voltage, phase, and ampere ratings. There shall be a schematic drawing located inside the enclosure for field personnel.
- Control panel shall be an Oil Smart® Single Phase Simplex or approved equal.