Specifications - 271
Oil Smart Model OSS-100 Plug and Play System
- These specifications describe model OSS-100 as manufactured by See Water, Inc., Riverside, California, or approved equal. The contractor shall furnish and install the Oil Smart OSS-100 as specified herein.
- The OSS-100 includes the Oil Smart Pump Switch, Model #OSS20PBPR6 and Oil Smart Alarm System, Model #OSA-05.
- The Oil Smart Pump Switch, Model #OSS20PBPR6 and Oil Smart Alarm System, Model #OSA-05 shall each plug into a Single Phase, 60Hz. 120VAC common receptacle.
- The Oil Smart Pump Switch shall not allow pumping if oil is detected.
- The Oil Smart Alarm System shall alert of a high liquid presence and differentiate between water and oil.
- The system shall be built by a UL 508A approved control systems manufacturer (See Water, Inc. or approved equal) and 100% tested at the factory prior to shipping. Additionally, the panel shall be certified by a second certification company (CSA International or approved equal).
- The Oil Smart System OSS-100 shall be warranted in writing against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years from the date of shipment when installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations.
- The enclosure shall be a wall-mount style type 3R. The control panel shall be UL listed and CSA approved. The control panel shall feature visible high liquid level alarm red beacon light, high water level white light, and high oil level yellow light. A high liquid level condition shall activate the 85 decibel alarm. The front panel shall include alarm test and silence buttons.
- The panel shall be equipped with remote monitoring dry contacts including high liquid, high oil and high water present conditions.
- The pump controller shall be UL listed as an across the line starter type pump switch and rated for the pump’s full load amps.
- The system shall incorporate an Oil Smart Pump Switch and Liquid Smart Alarm Sensor. The Oil Smart Pump Switch shall include “on” and “off” sensors providing a specific water pumping range and shall not pump oil. The Liquid Smart Alarm Sensor shall detect a high liquid level condition and differentiate between oil and water. The controls shall both be able to differentiate between oil and water and consist of no moving parts. The alarm component shall be completely separate from the pump control component to prevent nuisance alarms and so alarm component can be placed at the actual high liquid level. An alarm component connected to the pump control shall not be acceptable.
- Control system shall be an Oil Smart, OSS-100 or approved equal.